Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year! welcome to 2016 and the start of my New Years Resolutions

I have set it in my mind that for 2016 I will declutter my house, start the Dave Ramsey "Get Out of Debt System" & really work my Pure Romance business.
The 1st step in the Dave Ramsey 7 Baby Steps to Getting Out of Debt is saving $1000.00 for an emergency fund. Easier said then done!! We suddenly went from a 2 income house to a 1 income house in September of 2015 which meant money got tight! Since it is so tight just to make ends meet pulling from my husband's paycheck isn't really an option right no so I had to get creative.
I dug all of the change out of my purse, the couch cushions, the top of the dryer in the laundry room & both vehicles which totaled up to $37.05 - awe a start! no matter how small it is a stop in the right direction.
Next after some thinking I decided that since I want / need to declutter the house I can put the money made from selling items towards that glorious $1000.00 goal. Kill 2 birds with one stone, I think so?!?!? I started digging thru stuff, finding the items we no longer need or use, taking pictures of it & posting the items on local Facebook pages. So far I have made $23.00 - still a long way to go but again I am a little closer and also have gotten rid of a few things along the way.
I will be opening a savings account soon to deposit all of this into for 2 reasons... # 1 is that it can start drawing interest right away and # 2 is so I cant spend it (I know me all to well!)
Since my other goal for 2016 is to really build my Pure Romance business I have put business cards in every item I have sold while decluttering. I am a busy mom so I am all about multitasking - earn money, promote my business AND get rid of unneeded stuff = AWESOME SAUCE!!! :)

What are your goals for 2016?
Any ideas or tips to save the $1000.00 needed to complete step 1?
I would love to hear them!

Love Always,
Melinda Eason
O'me O'my Crazy Life

No comments:

Post a Comment