Thursday, January 7, 2016

DIY scratch offs & goody bags for a home based buisness

as I have mentioned I am a Pure Romance consultant & I love it!!! As with any home based business getting home parties booked is VERY important. I know that handing a business card to a random person in the store usually leads to it going into the trash can (something I have been guilty of myself) so I needed something that people would hold on to.
after talking to some fellow PR consultants I found out that they pass out goody bags instead of just a business card. An idea that I LOVE.
since then I have made these for several holidays and worked on Valentines Day bags today. With the Pure Romance business Valentines Day is one of the biggest times of the year. Because it is still the start of January the stores don't have out Valentines Day goody bags yet but I wanted to get started handing them out right away! I found pink treat bags at the Dollar General and some really cute stickers to dress them up at Walmart. so far it is $1.97 invested for 25 goody bags.
Step 5:
next I decorated the bags up with a couple of stickers so it has the V-day feel.
Step 6:
In my goody bags I include a business card, 2 packages of smarties, a cute little saying (it incorporates the smarties) and this time I made scratch offs. directions for those are following.
Next I added all of the items to the decorated bag & sealed them with some cute washi tape I bought on clearance.
they are ready to hand out to every women I see that is 18 & over.

I love them having the candy in them because if she has kids with her she can give it to the kids while she looks at the other items. if she doesn't have kids with her then she can enjoy it for herself! :)
Since I am always looking for ways to save money I load up on seasonal items such as goody bags, stickers, cards etc. at the end of each holiday. the only thing better then 20 bags for $1.00 is 20 bags for $.50 - every little bit helps if you ask me!

For the scratch offs I designed them on the computer and printed them off on cardstock. you can use the Avery business cards for this but they are a lot more expensive. I prefer the extra work and getting all of the savings I can. again every little bit helps.
Step 1:
I printed 6 per page and wrote in the different things that can be won. (sorry for the sideways picture - my phone camera gets a mind of its own sometimes!) what you offer is totally up to you and will vary depending on what you sell.
I then added plain tape to the wrote in area (this is where they scratch and why it will scratch off correctly)
Next I pulled out my paper cutter and with the help of my 3 year old I cut them into separate pieces
Step 2:
after they are all cut you mix 1 part dish soap & 2 parts acrylic paint - any color works but I used pink as that is PR's signature color.
Step 3:
again I had the help and supervision on my 3 year old. (can we all just take a moment to admire how stinking cute he is? - sorry proud Momma moment there)
next is painting over the wording - this will be where the customer scratches the "ticket" to see what they won.
Step 3:
set them aside and let them dry. they may require 2 or 3 coats of the paint / soap mixture depending on what color you use & how dark you write the words. just a little hint is to not write in marker or anything that will bleed thru the paper.... it kind of ruins the excitement of scratching it if they can already see it thru the other side ;)
that is it. easy peasy!
add them to the goodie bags or use them as prizes at your home parties when someone wins a game.
I hope you enjoyed the post & that it will help you in your business.
also just a side note - these can also be made for save the dates, love notes for your significant other or cute V-day cards to make for your kids to pass out to their friends. the sky is the limit for options.
feel free to ask any questions below if I wasn't completely clear on anything.
also if you make goody bags for your business what do you put in yours?

Much Love,
Melinda Eason
O'Me O'My Crazy Life

No comments:

Post a Comment